OUR ADOPTION PROCESS
If you are considering offering a forever home to one of our dogs you will need to complete a Pre-Adoption application in the first instance. You can do this online or download a copy and email back to us.
This can be for a specific dog or just to register an interest in adopting a Arundawn Dog.
After your application has been received it will be reviewed, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss further and arrange a homecheck if your application is successful at this time. In some cases you may not be suitable for the dog you applied for but perfect for another.
It is IMPORTANT that you read the following – this is in no way meant to offend but to make you aware of our requirements.
What We Are Looking For In Our Adopters and Fosterers
Time Honesty Integrity Empathy Understanding Patience Kindness An Open Mind Flexibility
• Willingness to work WITH us if needed and LISTEN to us
• Willingness to learn about NATURAL & Raw FEEDING which is so important to Arundawn and our dogs’ wellbeing.
What we are definitely NOT looking for
• NOT to drive miles to do a homecheck to find the applicant has ‘FORGOTTEN’ the appointment (made the day before!)
• NOT to get a phone call (if we are lucky) an hour before the homecheck to say they have adopted a dog from another rescue! Surely they knew this at least the day before?
• NOT to message shortly after a homecheck to ask us to forward our report to another rescue as they have seen a dog elsewhere and the Rescue do not cover their area! In future we will NOT do so unless exceptional circumstances.
• NOT to pick up the phone to explain why a certain dog is NOT suitable and to get verbal abuse down the phone for our efforts.
• NOT to hear “I’ve owned dogs all my life as we are all STILL LEARNING and this is not relevant!
• NOT to hear “You didn’t tell me that” …………. YES WE DID! You didn’t listen or have forgotten.
• NOT to hear “Oh I didn’t realise that was what you meant” …… How many ways can we explain things!
In short …….. we have a fantastic network and team of supporters …… please respect that and our policies. Thank you.
It is only then after a successful homecheck that we can arrange for a meeting with the dog(s).
Current Compulsory Adoption Donation
PUPPY Under 6 months £300.00
6 months - 8 years £225.00
Over 8 years £95.00
Your adoption donation does not mean you "buy" your dog - your donation is a contribution to the running costs of the rescue and pays for the next dog's neutering, medication, food and accommodation.
Arundawn will carry out random follow-up visits after adoptions.
If you cannot complete an on-line Pre-Adoption application please download, complete and email back to us via our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We receive a high volume of applications. If you have submitted an application and haven't heard back from us within a fortnight please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occassion.
Applications and homechecks can take up to 10 days to process